Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Whitewater Rafting Pictures

I finally got the pictures off the water-proof disposable cameras we took with us on the whitewater rafting trip. It was so much fun and I can say that all the kids thoroughly enjoyed themselves, even if they were terrified at the beginning of the 8-mile journey down the river.

Laura in front Nanhatala Outdoor Center.



Brandt hanging like a monkey wayyyyy over the river. He literally made me ill when I saw him do this.

Me and Brandt in our lovely life vests.


We are all gearing up for some whitewater action.



The boys were with the river guide.




Good picture of Laura and the beautiful scenery.



The Smokey Mountains as the backdrop. Absolutely stunning.



All of our boats together. We had three boats. One was guided by Pastor Stephen, one by a professional river guide. Our boat was lucky enough to be guided by Brandt, who hit me in the head with his paddle. I now tell people not to sit in front of Brandt on a raft.


These last two pictures were taken by the staff at the big finale, which was a class 3 rapid. It was a blast, but I have to admit after hearing the lecture of how to steer into the rapid, I admit I was more than a little nervous going down this thing. But it was so incredibly fun, probably due to the fact that nobody fell out of our raft. When Jack turns 7 (the minimum age to go on the rafts), we plan to go back again. I just know he would have a blast doing the rapids.


No comments: