Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

Happy Birthday to me! Ack it is number 41, which seems a hell of a lot worse than 40 for some reason. I guess when you get to 41, you are firmly ensconced into the forties. Oh yay. As somebody told me last night, I am 29 with a whole lot of experience. My friends gave me a little birthday party celebration dinner last night, which was really nice of them. Of course, most of them are in their early thirties and can't even imagine being in their 40s. I am not sure how we got in the "young" crowd at our church. Maybe it was because our kids are the same age and play together, but it can make me feel old and young at the same time ya know.

Anyway, here it is. The 40s are firmly established now. I think it is going to be a quiet birthday. Jim worked last night and again tonight. The exciting plans that I have are going to get my hair done this morning while Jack is at school! I really really need to go get groceries, but you know I hate doing that on any day, but my birthday? No thanks. That is a tomorrow thing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday my dear daughter, Dawn. It seems impossible that 41 years ago you were placed in my arms at the hospital. Where has the time gone to? Love you much, Mom

-LGirl- said...

Happy Birthday! I look at my upcoming 41st with "well it could be worse!"LOL!
I think You're great!
Happy Birthday

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dawn!!

I'm glad your first for the "41st"...LOL

Let me know how it goes & I'll decide if I want to join ya or not!!! :)

Amy

Steffie B. said...

Hey....Happy Birthday....sorry I have not been by in a while.

How are you? Hope things are well. Enjoying you Spring? We really have not seen much of it yet here in good ol' MI! ;(

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dawn! :)