Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, February 09, 2009

Turning 5!

I can not even believe that Jack will be turning five in less than a month. How is that even possible? Kindergarten this fall???? Five is big kid status. Yikes.

I just started to plan the birthday party. I had originally thought about doing the Chuck E Cheese thing, even though I so dislike that place. But a friend at church brought up sharing a party at the church with her son turning 7. A friend does kid's birthday parties and actually puts on a good show with kid's songs. Of course it will be crazy with all his friends from church and school, but should be fun. Oh and the theme the boy wants this year? Yeaahhhh that is monster trucks. He is over-the-top crazy about monster trucks now. We created a monster by taking him to monster truck jam last weekend.

For those who have emailed me and asked about how things are going with Brandi, our new foster daughter, things are going well. I plan to dedicate a post about her and how she is adjusting to our family in a day or two. It is an adjustment on both sides, but for the most part, it is going really well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jack is turning 5 Yikes. Whre has the past fives years gone to? Happy birthday my dearest grandson!!! You and your whole family are priceless to papa and your grammy A

-LGirl- said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
-LGirl- said...

5 is a milestone birthday. I think a tough one for us Mommies.

Best wishes.