Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, February 28, 2009

My Baby's 5th Birthday Party!!!


How is it that my BABY is having his fifth birthday party today? There is not any baby left in him anymore. Cry.
As you can see his birthday theme is Monster Jam Trucks! Gone are the days of Elmo birthday parties. We are actually having a combined party with another boy from church, Keegan. His birthday was Feb 20 and with Jack's as March 5th, today is smack in the middle of the two.
Since I didn't do any party last year except for small family one, I decided that this year I would do it up big. And big as in LOTS of kids. I invited all 12 kids in his class, all the friends from church and a couple of other friends, along with Keegan's cousins. In all total, there very well could be about 30 kids all under the age of 9 there today. What have I done to myself?
The plans include a big pirate show put on by a friend who does kid's birthday parties for a living. He is absolutely amazing with the kids. He hasn't clued me in on much of his plans, but he told me to plan on a 45-min show, with him dressed as a pirate with sword fighting and what not. It should be fun and I plan to video and will put a little snippet on here for ya.
Jack is way beyond excited at the moment. We have been counting down the days to the big party and I have to say that it was an advantage last night when I put him to bed. I told him that he had to go to sleep in order to wake up on his birthday party day. Kinda like Christmas. And truth be told, I am pretty excited about the whole thing myself. I can't wait to watch him today.
As far as his actual birthday on Thursday, well that will be a bit anti-climatic. I will take cupcakes into his school and then probably go out to dinner that night or something.
So I just may need your prayers today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dawn and Jim you have both mine and papa's prayers. This is so great!!! Where is my grandbaby gone to? He is all grown up now. Have a wonderful time today. Can't wait to hear all about it. What a cute card you made at the beginning.