Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, November 29, 2004

Christmas Tree

Well we are Christmas Dorks in the Jackaroo household. We put our tree up a couple of weeks ago. Laura asked if we could put it up and even though I pretended to say it was stupid putting it up so early, I kinda wanted to do it also. I am usually a bah humbug about Christmas, but this year I have to admit that I have been in the Christmas spirit since before Halloween. I am one of those poor saps that the stores go after with all those decorations they put up in mid-Oct.

Below are some pictures of the "putting-up-the-tree process". It was a fun night and I just kind of sat back and watched Laura decorate the tree and thought to myself how truly blessed I am. I do indeed have it all (well if I could lose the 20 lbs that Jack gave me that is). Okay now I am getting all sappy and weepy.

On a lighter note, I can say that I am about 95% done with Christmas shopping and we aren't ready to declare bankrupt (thats always a good thing). Last night, I ventured into Kohl's because I saw that they were having a Fisher Price sale (40% off) and well since I am the biggest FP sucker these days, Jim and I just had to go. Now Jack will be the proud owner of the Fisher Price Peek a Block Gobble & Go Hippo. Amazing how your language just changes after having a baby. I don't think I ever said "Gobble & Go Hippo" in the same sentence before. But anyway it's on sale for $26.99 regular $39.99. I am such a sucker, I know it.

No comments: