Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Ramblings

Well yesterday, I was at work really not wanting to be there. I kept thinking of all I needed to get done at home and I got a phone call. It was Pat (or Mam as we call her also) from daycare and she said that Jack had a fever of 102. This isn't the first time she has called me, but it was the first time that I got kinda worried. I don't think Jack has had a fever that high ever. So I told her to give him some Tylenol and I called the doctor. Of course, it being a Friday at noon, doctors are done for the week. I couldn't get him in. So I told everybody at work that I had to leave and drove to get him. By the time I got there, he was doing much better and we went home. I think he must of felt that I had not wanted to be at home and staged this fever thing so Mam would call me and I would have an excuse to leave work. Because he just perked right up when we got home.

Also Jackaroo timed it very well in getting me out of work. Because I arrived home just in time to hear the verdict from THE TRIAL (Scott Peterson). Thank goodness he got a Guilty Verdict. I hope they fry him. I think that their little boy would only be a year older than Jack and it breaks my heart.

But anyway, remember when I mentioned all those things I needed to get done at home, well not one thing got done. After watching the news for a bit, Jack got sleepy and he took a nap. And Mommy seeing her opportunity to take a very very rare nap, seized it and also took a nap. Wow, what a feeling!

Jack is doing better, but I do worry about him because he seems to get these unexplained fevers every now and then. Thank goodness his check up is in a couple of weeks. I am going to try to get his doctor to listen to me about the fevers.


No comments: