Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter 2008

"Where have you been?" That has been the question I have received from family and friends who read this blog. Uhhhh. Sorry. Just a bit busy. I am still working about 3 or 4 mornings a week. I have also been doing tax returns for friends and myself. And I have just started a new business, which I am so excited about, but I will tell you all about it in a forthcoming post.

This post, is all about Easter and how we celebrated the holiday. Just a side note, Jim had to work all weekend long, so he didn't partake of many of the activities.

On Saturday, we did the traditional decorate Easter eggs as you can see below. It was messy, but as always, fun.


Jack and the total concentration of dipping eggs. Also notice, the boy is whistling while doing this. Just in the last couple of weeks, he learned how to whistle (something I can't do to save my life) and now walks around whistling ALL THE TIME!


Laura showing off the food coloring stain on her fingers. She is visiting us while on her spring break from school. She has to go back to California on Friday. Sad.


The finished product, with the kiddos.


On Sunday at church, the kids sang a couple of songs which had over the top cuteness factor. Jack is the one poking in his pocket. I do have a couple of videos of these songs and will upload in the next couple of days for you to enjoy.




After church, we had a church Easter egg hunt for all the kids at church. I believe there were close to 1000 eggs out there on the lawn. I know I filled close to 200 myself! Here is Laura in her Easter finery picking up her share of eggs.


Jack and Allison had this whole pile of eggs to themselves.





Jack and Laura showing off their loot.
After church, we went to our friend's Tim and Heather for Easter dinner. It was a fun get together with "the group". We have a core group of 6 couples from church and their kids that we get together with at least once a week.
And now, I have to rush off and get ready because we are going up to Jim's mother's house for a couple of days. Always something to do! Busy. Busy. Busy.

1 comment:

-LGirl- said...

I can;t get over that Grown up Laura Heels and a purse! She's doing better than i am in my jeans and sneakers!LOL! So cute!