Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, November 10, 2006

Middle of the Night Ramblings again

Well here it is 1:30 am and I am up and on the computer. Jim has been working nights and I HATE it. I just can not fully sleep when he is gone and anything will wake me up. Tonight it was the dog scratching on the floor by the bed. That prompted me to get up and let him outside to do his business and well after that I was up.

I can not believe that Thanksgiving is coming up so quickly. For some stupid reason, I volunteered to host the family Thanksgiving this year. I don't know what I was thinking, but when I heard the words "we can have it here" come out of my mouth, I felt like slapping myself. At the time, I was thinking there was going to be about 20 people coming. I have never ever hosted a Thanksgiving for more than oh 4 people, certainly not THAT many people.

And then this week, Jim found out that he has to work on Thanksgiving day!!!! At first, he thought it would be okay because he is on nights, but nooooo it couldn't be that easy. They are switching back to days, which means he will be gone from 6 am to 7:30 pm that day. Oh Yay! But after talking to my mother-in-law tonight, it looks like it will only be 11 total and we are 4 of those 11. My parents are another 2 who will be here and they will be put to work in the kitchen too. So I keep telling myself that it will be okay. Kinda like a chant. If I keep telling myself over and over again, it will be okay right?

Also if you want to cry watch this. My friend Jane emailed me this link and I sat here shaking and crying for that little boy and his family. I don't think I can watch it again. It literally made me get up and go check on Jack and I would of given him a huge hug if he weren't asleep. It has confirmed my mother's intuation about his car seat. Jack will be staying in his 5-point harness, tethered-to-the-car carseat until he is way past the recommended 40 lbs, which he should hit in the next couple of months. His current carseat can hold him until 80 lbs in the harness and that is where he will be. He may not like it, but at least he will be alive to argue with me. Call me an over-protective mother, but I do not want him to end up like that little boy in the video.

Alright now I will try to go back to sleep, even though I really want to grab my little boy and hug him and never let him go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dawn, I sat here crying as I was watching this video. How terribly sad. We will be giving Jack a whole bunch of hugs when we see him. Just think of their sad Thanksgiving and Christmas this year.