Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, November 03, 2006

Closet Monsters, Dark, and Other Happenings

It seems that our house has been invaded by closet monsters and I guess they especially like Jack's room.

For some reason, Jack is totally convinced that a monster lives in his closet. He took my hand the other day and told me that he was going to show me the monster. As we were walking down the hall toward his room, he stopped and ran behind me and hugged my leg totally terrified to go into his room. I walked in the room, dragging him with my leg, and walked over to his closet to look in and guess what? The monster must have left the building because there was no monster there. And Jack, upon seeing no monster, looked shocked and said "It is gone!".

I think the reason for these closet monster sightings is because Laura, who was visiting us last weekend, told him about monsters who lived in closets. Thanks Laura.

But I guess the fear has been coming for some time because the boy is now deathly afraid of the dark. Every night as the sun is going down and it is getting dark outside, he says to me "It is daaaarrrrkkkk. It is spoookkkyyy. Why?" I tell him that the sun goes down every night, which he replies with an emphatic "NOOOOO". And for the last couple of weeks, he has been insisting on leaving his light on when he goes to bed. The night light is not good enough. No, he has to have his overhead light on and sometimes the hallway light on also. And if I turn it out during the night after he has fallen asleep, he will wake up and realize that it is dark and start screaming for me. So I have learned NOT to turn the light out and leave it on all night. Yay for our electric bill.

In other happenings, Jim finally had his nasal surgery on Wednesday. He had it in Meridian, where his mom and sisters live. So we got to see Grammy C and Aunt Ann while we were there. And to say that Jack loves his Aunt Ann would be a huge understatment. On Wednesday night, when Jim was in the hospital, she came over to Grammy's house and totally revved the boy up and had him in fits of giggles and then up and left us with a very wired-full-of-sugar-from-Halloween-candy Toddler. Thanks Aunt Ann. He didn't go to bed that night until after 9:30. Oy, never going to do that again.

Jim made it through the surgery well. He looked like crap when they wheeled him back in the room, but the next morning he was much better. Jack was a really good boy for me while we waited during the surgery. Although, I now know every floor and hallway of that portion of the hospital. There was a fountain on one floor that captivated the boy for a good 20 minutes! Anyway, Jim has bounced back really well considering they just basically ripped through his nose with a rotor rooter. He even cooked most of the dinner tonight! If it was me, I would of milked it for about 2 weeks. Yeah I am that pathetic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear that Jim made it through the surgery okay. Tell Jack that his Grammy and Papap will take care of all the monsters that lurk in his closet.