Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Potty Training and The Lack Of

I can not believe that in 3 short months, Jack will be three and I can just say this, he is NOT ready to go potty on the big-boy potty. Not close. Nope. The reason why I say this is because the other night as we were getting ready to take a bath, I asked Jack if he wanted to go pee pee on the big-boy potty. He said yes (as he always does) and got up on the potty with the little Elmo training seat. He did as he always does and fake tries. He will sit there and grunt and push and say that he is "trying". Yeah right. I truly believe that he just thinks the potty is a really cool chair to sit on and that is it.

So after about 3 minutes of him fake trying, he jumps down and stands by the tub while it is being filled for his bath. It was not even 30 seconds after he jumped down from the toilet, that he was peeing ALL OVER the bathroom floor. He was having fun hitting the pretty yellow ducky rug, the side of the tub, and the wall. Can you say Mad? Can you say Frustrated?

We have even tried to tell him that he is NOT a big boy, which he usually takes offense at because he insists that he is a big boy and will tell us a thousand times a day that he is. However, when it comes to not being a big boy because he is still wearing diapers, he is very okay being a baby for that. In fact, he will tell you that he is a baby when the subject of potty usage comes up and being able to continue using diapers.

I don't feel so alone. I read on Erin's site that Ben is having the same problem. And yesterday I had a long conversation with another mother in Jack's class about the problem. It seems that her son, Kyle, who was turns 3 in January still refuses to use the potty. She suggested that we should have a potty-training party at her house and lock the boys up and just let them play naked together (that didn't sound very well did it?) until they get the idea that peeing on themselves is NOT cool. But our luck, they would think that it WAS cool.

In other catch up news, I am going to have post a pic of myself with my new hairdo that I got a couple of weeks ago. I was basically just tired of the nothing haircut that I have had since Jack was born (how sad is that?) and decided to go to the salon in town with the best repuation. It is owned by this guy who has done hair to the stars and has pics proving it in his lobby and I was lucky enough to get in for a haircut with him. I basically just sat down and said "do whatever you want". So he had one of his colorists put a color (soft brown) on my bleached-blonde frizz and then he cut away by taking over 4 inches off the bottom. But I absolutely love love love it. And it is so easy to maintain and do myself. I have really found the person who will cut my hair for the next 20 years or so. It was so much fun and a haircut that I would never have asked for in a million years. Fun Fun Fun. I promise, picture will be coming soon.

2 comments:

-LGirl- said...

Can't wait to see your new hair. It must be catching. I just got my first Post Qgirl proper hair cut too.
As for the naked potty training party. Ewwhhh. Just make certain it's not in your house!LOL!

Amanda said...

Oh I am so frustrated with Hannah. She sometimes will go in the potty. She will run around naked but she won't stop to pee in the potty.It's always next to her. I just want to scream sometimes.

Btw- I love your haircut!!

Hannah is a march 2004 baby