Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Big Days

We have had a couple of big days around here. Yesterday was Jack's very first field trip of his young school career and of course both Jim and I had to chaperone. It was to a corn maze and they had a really fun time I think. We only walked a small portion of the corn maze because seriously the kids just wanted to play on the cool playground they had there. But Jack had a good time and was happy that we were there with him, which I know in a few years the boy will absolutely hate me being the room mother/chaperone to all the things, so I am enjoying it while I can.

He was so tired yesterday that for the first time in 3 1/2 years, he actually went to his own bed and laid down for a nap without telling anybody nor me telling him to do it. I was in the kitchen washing dishes and all of a sudden it seemed really quiet and sure enough he was on his bed snoring. THAT is tired. The boy doesn't do naps and especially on a volunteer basis as that.

Grammy C. came down last night to spend the night with us and to go with us to the big art festival in town. This thing is huge and they expected to have over 100,000 people there. And I am beginning to feel like a local around here because I saw a ton of people that I knew. But we had a really great time and I tell you, Grammy C is in such great shape for all that walking and shopping at the age of 85. She is my inspiration! And after about 6 hours of walking around that art festival, she is now driving 2 hours to go home. She is amazing and I hope to be like her when I am 65, let alone 85. It was also good to spend some time with just her, since Jim was back home sleeping.

Speaking of Jim, poor guy has to work an extra hour tonight because of the stupid time change. It will probably be a long 13 hours tonight.

No comments: