Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, November 30, 2007

Just Like Christmas

Today I really do think the UPS man was cussing out my name and address. I had a total of NINE big packages arrive at my door. Just today. And yes, it was just like Christmas morning. Mostly. You see, I had a Pampered Chef party a couple of weeks ago and all the orders from that party came today in four BIG boxes. I treated myself to an early Christmas by purchasing their wonderful cookware at a still-ridiculously-high-yet-it-was-half-off-because-I-hosted-a-show price. I am sooo excited about this cookware ya'll. It is like I am finally a grown up with real grown up pots and pans. These are real. So exciting.

The other boxes were a bunch of stuff for the family and such. Not quite as exciting as grown-up cookware. It just means that I now need to wrap all those other things.

I also know that I have been lax in the posting department and I apologize to those who have complained. Sorry. To be honest, it just seems like there isn't much to post other than our daily boring lives. I mean do ya'll want to hear about how we went up to Jim's mother's last weekend so Jim could go deer hunting and I was praying that he wouldn't get a deer so that I would not have to explain why Daddy killed Prancer (the boy loves that movie) and have the boy freak out over that. I know I know it is silly, but I still remember when I was little and seeing the neighbor's dead deer hanging in their yard and seriously people, I think I need therapy over that sight to this day!

Anyway, Jim did not get a deer and we sidestepped that whole issue. Other than that, there really hasn't been much going on. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that because of the kindness of somebody Jim works with, Jack will not need clothes for the next year or so. They gave us a huge amount of size 4,5, and 6 clothes and people, we are talking NICE clothes, not the Walmart special that he has been used to wearing. So to all those in the family reading this, the boy does not need clothes. Nor shoes because we got two pairs of shoes.

So that is it. We got our Christmas tree up and the outside lights up and things are looking a lot like Christmas, except for that cold white stuff ya'll got up there in Michigan and yonder. I also spent yesterday painting our guest bedroom so that my parents will have a pretty room to sleep in when they get here in like 11 days! Yikes! I have a lot to do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grammy and Papa can't wait to see our Jack and of course his mommy and daddy also. Great news on all of the clothes because of the kindness of a fellow worker of Jim's. Blessings from God just keep coming to all of us.

Mrs. R said...

Hey Dawn....Hope I'm not the person that's been "complaining"!! I was just "concerned" about ya & I do miss reading about your life...however boring it may seem to you!! I haven't shopped yet nor are any decorations up...Hmmmm..sounds like I have to get moving & soon... Take care