Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, December 03, 2007

The Weekend, The Big Rat, and Sugar Overload

Seems like we have busy weekend after busy weekend around here. It is getting so that I am never getting anything done around the house like I should. Don't get me started about how much laundry I have to do at this moment. Ugh!

Anyway, we were on the go all weekend long. It started off Friday night with our small group at church which is always fun. I love our small group and getting together every week really does ground me. It is fun to connect with people like we do and for the most part, everybody in our group are really good friends.

On Saturday, Jack and I went to the church to help decorate it for Christmas. They had ordered over 200 poinsettias and wow when they are all lined up, that is a lot of red flowers! The church ended up looking absolutely gorgeous and I have to say we did a really good job. It was really fun and got us all in the Christmasy spirit. However, that feeling soon ended when I had to go to Walmart with 50,000 other people. Ugh. But I had to because I had to buy a birthday present for Jack's friend at school, whose birthday party we went to last night.

Yesterday, we left the house at 10:00 in the morning to go to church and did not get home until after 7:00. It was one long day going from church to friends house for lunch to the birthday party at the big Rat's house. And I hate Chuck E Cheese, but I took Jack there anyway. Mother of the Year award brownie points I think. I felt kind of bad for the little boy's mother who planned the party because Jack was the only one who showed up from school. She had this elaborate Transformers themed party with a huge cake and there were only 3 kids total, including the birthday boy. I could tell she was upset and quite frankly I think I would have been upset also. But Jack had a blast and he had so many tokens to play the games with because of only three kids. He was on game overload I think.

And because there were only three kids, the mother cut these absolutely huge pieces of cake to serve to the kids and Jack ate the whole thing. Which, I am sure you can guess the result of so much sugar intake into the boy's system? Yeah he was wired and bouncing off the walls until after 10 last night. I kept trying to get him to go to sleep, but he was jumping all over the bed and at some point, he thought throwing pillows all over my room would be a big hoot. I was practically begging him to go to sleep because I was the complete opposite of being wired. I am glad it is Monday and I can now recover from the weekend. Oh and yeah do my laundry.

No comments: