Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Tis the Season

Well we at the Jackaroo house are in full swing of holidayness. Grammy and Papa arrived last week from Michigan. It looks like they outran the ice and major snowstorm as they headed south. I don't think they miss the white stuff.

After all the warm warm days, we finally got a bit chilly here with it dipping below freezing two nights ago. I have to admit, Christmas just isn't the same being 80 degrees.

Jack has been a little star these past few days. Last Thursday was the big play/production at his school. It was put on by the K3 - 5th grade and it was cute. Jack was in front singing and did pretty good for the first half. The K3 stepped off stage for a bit and came back in as sheep singing Deck the Halls but instead of singing Falalala, they were singing "baa baa baa". Yes the cuteness factor was on overload. They even had little sheep hats on that they made with cotton balls. And this is where it went downhill very fast for the K3 class. You see, they now had weapons with which to hit each other (sheep hats) and I am afraid that all kinds of chaos broke out. Every single person in that church gave the two K3 teachers silent prayers for what they have to put up with on a daily basis.

I did get good pictures and video of the whole thing, however, my computer is acting up and I can't post any pics or videos. And I just haven't had the time to care to fix it right now with everything going on. So hopefully soon, I can post and ya'll can see the chaos for yourselves.

Also on Sunday, the children sang their little songs up front and Jack again entertained the masses. Like I said, he has been quite the star lately.

We have been kept busy doing stuff with Grammy and Papa. And Laura comes in on Thursday, then on Saturday, we are hosting the Christmas dinner/party for Jim's family since he has to work both Christmas Eve night and Christmas night. So we are doing it on Saturday. I think the final head count of all who is going to be here is 20. Should be fun.

I hope everybody who is still reading my little blog (yes I know it has been awhile and few and far between posts) are having a wonderful Christmas holiday.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Still here. And the sheep hat/weapons sound hilareous!