Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Trip to Michaels

Because I wanted to waste a bit of time before going home and possibly waking Daddy up before he should get up, I decided to do a little detour to Michaels craft store after picking Jack up from school. Yeah um not the place to take a toddler who wants every single thing in the store. He wanted the Thomas stickers, every color of paint they had, the train puzzle, the candy, the ginger bread house (yeah tried that three years ago, never again), and a multi-colored slinky. I let him have the $1.00 slinky and thats it. But if anybody out there is looking for cheap stocking stuffers, Michaels is the place for them. I seriously am going back there tomorrow without the boy in tow to pick some up for both him and Laura.

So I am now completely and utterly done with the shopping, except for the boy. We are planning a trip (it is sad that we have to travel an hour either north, east, or west) to Target and Toys R Us with Grammy and Papa, who will be here next week just for the boy. I did order him a silver bell from ebay that looks just like the one on The Polar Express (the movie that we have seen 587 times). It even came in a red and white striped box and has a card in it that says "Believe". I plan on writing a card from Santa just like the movie. Ahhh love this age.

Jack's Christmas program at school is next week. They have been practicing it three times a week for the last two weeks and it should be pretty cute. Jack is in the choir and try as I might, the boy will not divulge any songs that they are singing. Of course, the video camera will be in use and will be posting the sappy video soon afterward. And of course, I will be crying my eyeballs out, so ya know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grammy wlll be crying her eyes out along with you Dawn. Papa will blow his nose a lot too during the show.