Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 27, 2007

"He Really Came"!

So I need to update on the last few days in the Jackaroo house. We had a very Merry Christmas. On Christmas Eve, we went to the candlelight service at church which was beyond beautiful. It made us think of the real reason that is behind all the craziness at this time of year.

All day on Christmas Eve, we were keeping up with Santa's progress on Norad.org, which I have to say was really cool and wow what a great geography lesson for this geography-challenged person. I really thought that I was going to have a hard time getting the boy to sleep on Christmas Eve, but alas right after church, he went to bed excited, but less than 10 minutes later he was out cold.

Santa was very good to both Jack and Laura. Jack received a silver bell just like the one from his favorite movie of all time - The Polar Express. Everytime anybody would ask him what he wanted Santa to bring him, he would say "a silver bell" and so I guess Santa found one on ebay that came in the same box as the one in the movie. And there even was a note inside that said "I heard you wanted a silver bell. This is for all who truly believe. Signed Mr. C." Oh and Santa also got him some "tools" and Laura got a purse with some cash inside.

They also made out from Mom and Dad and Grammy and Papa also. Laura got some clothes, some more cash, a Hannah Montana game, and some other crafty things. For the boy, he got a Hot Wheels race track, some radio-control cars, batman helicopter, puzzles, etc. etc. etc.

Here is a 3-minute video of Christmas morning. Sorry it is so dark and the camera kept losing focus, no idea why. But you get the idea. It is really cute when the boy exclaims "He really came!". So much fun.

Grammy and Papa left yesterday morning to head back to Michigan. We hope they arrive home safe and sound.

We went to see the movie Alvin and Chipmunks and both kids were totally engrossed in the movie. And I have to say that it was really cute. However, I was a bit nostalgic about it because I remember playing the Chipmunks record over and over again when I was a kid (yes I know I am dating myself just by saying the word "record").

On other news, I am thiiiiiisssss close to buying a new laptop. My computer is having issues and when I fix one issue, others pop up. For two hours, I was trying to download songs onto my new mp3 player (yes I joined the new century by owning a mp3 player) and for some reason my stupid computer just went nuts. I tried to download the media player again because it would not play nor recognize any songs and then it told me that my copy of windows was not a valid copy. Excuse me? But unfortunately the new laptop purchase is going to be put on hold for now because well there are bills to be paid like our property taxes (yikes)!

And we just made up our mind today to go to Disneyworld at the end of January. We were going to wait until summer so Laura could go with us, but it turns out, she isn't going to be able to be with us for the whole summer and we decided we would go in January when the crowds were not as bad and the weather was not excruciating. And boy oh boy is the boy excited. In fact, he started to cry when he found out we were not going Today!

So I think that is about it for the updates. Hopefully with the state of my computer, I can update again soon. I hate when computers don't work like they should!

1 comment:

Steffie B. said...

too cute.....loved hearing Jacks' voice! ;)