Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Scissor Fun

I went to pickup Jack from school today and was met with a worried looking Mrs. Nix, his teacher. She told me that they were cutting with the scissors today and Jack, who loves to cut anything and everything with scissors, proceeded to cut a big hole in his nice white polo shirt. I probably wouldn't have been so upset with the whole thing, but that one was the only long sleeve polo shirt that actually fit him pretty well. There's something with uniforms and they make them very big, even for Jack's bigger than average size. I did check out Old Navy online and saw they had them in the requisite school colors and may end up buying a couple from there. Sigh. Always something.

Anyway, the reason that I really couldn't be so upset with him was because I remember having a fascination with scissor cutting myself. I distinctly remember cutting my Barbie's hair, thinking of course that it would grow back. And I also remember cutting the shag carpeting (pink at that and yes I know I am totally aging myself here) in my bedroom. However, I did have a talk with the boy and told him that he could not do it again and if he did, his toys would be taken away. Because seriously, I can't afford it!

1 comment:

Mrs. R said...

I was so happy to read that Jack is using scissors!! (Not to cut his shirt though!!) That is so HUGE...we have too many children that have to idea on how to even hold a pair of scissors!! And yes, we also have the 'adventureous cutters'...shirts, hair is VERY popular and shoe laces!!! Your fun is beginning LOL