Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Another Victim of the Economy

I just heard that the indoor playland that we used to frequent when Jack was younger is closing up shop because people just are not paying $6 to come and play. I know the owner and she said that people just stopped coming in right after the financial crisis/bailout began. It really is sad because she just moved to a bigger, nicer location. It was painted so very cute and had a ton of fun things to do for the toddler set. But, alas, she is closing at the end of the month. Just another sign of the financial crisis.

In other news, I am once again a true soccer mom. Tonight is the first night of soccer practice for the boy. We are all set with the ball, shin guards, shoes and everything a soccer star needs. Not too sure I am all that thrilled to stand out on a cold soccer field at 6:00 tonight for an hour, but I guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do for your kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Dawn!! =) Guess I got behind on your Blog!! I finished back at the Pics you posted!! Was good to hear all the "updates" etc....and WOW are you BUSY!! Also good to know that you are finally over that Super Bug and that you've gotten your Flu Shot!! Sorry to hear that Jack didn't get one tho'! Love, Evelyn