Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Bummed and sick

Yep thats my life this week. I caught the bug that had Jack so sick when we were in Michigan a couple of weeks ago. And now I totally understand why he was so cranky and didn't sleep at all. This stuff is bad, no I should say that again - it is BAD STUFF. I mean my throat hurt so much, it hurt when I breathed! My head was filled with so much green crap (I know really gross, but its true) that I literally thought it was going to explode. And sleep? Well who can do that when you can't breath and your head is exploding? So I must say this to Jack - I am sorry for trying to get you back to sleep just so that I could get some good non-head-exploding sleep. I understand now.

So because of this awful crud that has invaded my body, I was off work for 2 days this week. And that not only means that when I went back, I had a desk that was piled high of crap to do. But it also means that I have to miss the March Munchkin California Mommy Meet-Up tomorrow. I was looking forward to meeting other Mommy's from the March Munchkin onlinw board and see Jack interact with other babies his age. But nooooooo I had to get sick and miss work and now I can't miss anymore time. Boohoo yes I am bummed. And yes I am throwing myself a pity party - wanna come?

In other news, Jack has come through the sickness just fine. He is doing so many things that totally amaze me. His newest thing is that he will act out the patty cake nursery rhyme actions with me. He will clap his hands and then roll his hands. It is just the cutest thing in the world. Of course I feel bad that I have basically been a slug for the past few days and therefore not being able to mother him like I want to. But really, have you ever tried to give a 1yr old a bath and into jammies for bed all while your head is exploding and your throat hurts so bad you can't breath? Not fun.

No comments: