Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Happy Birthday Baby Boy

Today is your first birthday, only 17 more and you will be considered an adult in our society. It has been quite a year for both you and I. You have been growing and learning about your new environment. And me, I have been learning how to be your mother the best that I can be.

I will never forget when the doctor announced "there's your baby" and I knew that I could finally meet you. You didn't cry when you came out at first. You and I had been through a lot in the past 20 hours of labor and we were both tired. The nurses were worried about you not crying, but everything else was absolutely perfect about you. Then they wrapped you all up tight and handed you to me. I just remember you had your blue eyes wide open and were just taking in the whole room, as if to say "so this is the place I heard about". Then you looked right at me, and my heart melted and I was in love with you. You were just so content to lay there in my arms. But the nurses took you away for a little bit. Your father and I were both crying because our little Jackaroo was finally here with us.

You might be wondering why I call you Jackaroo. It wasn't planned or anything while you were in my tummy. When the nurses finally brought you back to me later that night, I saw you sleeping there in your basinet so peacefully and it just came out. I said "theres my little Jackaroo". And well it has stuck ever since. Probably by the time you are old enough to read this, you will hate the name. Especially since both your father and I make up silly Jackaroo songs. "Jack Jack Jackaroo roo roo Jackaroo rooo roo I love you you you, Daddy too too too, he loves you you you, Sissy too too too we love you you you Jackaroo roo roo Jackaroooooo." Daddy would say "Jackawho?" and then I would say "Jackaroo!!" Yes it may sound silly when you are older, but believe me when you were 2 or 3 months old, you used to fall asleep listening to these silly songs. Another one of your favorites is the Itsy Bitsy Spider. That could calm you down while riding in the car like no other, especially when Daddy sang it.

Speaking of Daddy, I hope that you grow up to be just like him. Your father is the most caring and loving man I have ever met. And we are both lucky to have him in our lives. He works so hard for us. Can you believe that he regularly gets up at 3:30 in the morning to go to work to provide for us? I hope that you have your fathers calming presence and moral ethical standard. And remember to treat your future wife like your father treats me and you will have a very happy wife and marriage.

You may not know this, but I have wanted you for years before I even met your father. I knew that I was destined to be YOUR mother at some point in my life. I just did not know when you would show up. As soon as I met the best possible father (your Daddy), then you showed up. For years, I was trying to have you, but it was not time for you and me to meet until I met your father.

I am so proud to be your mother. I see you growing and changing everyday into a young little man. And I hope that when you are 18 years old standing on the brink of adulthood, that you will look back and know that I was there for you every step of the journey. I want you to feel the love that I have for you and be secure that you have two parents who love you very much and will do anything for you. Because I feel if you have the knowledge and security that we are behind you every step of the way, that you will indeed accomplish greatness Baby Boy. That you will become that young man I can only dream about on this day - the day of your first bithday.

1 comment:

Erin said...

oh gosh! This made me cry! That was beautiful! :) :) :)

I can't believe our March Munchkins are one! (almost one, in our case) Wow...