Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, March 14, 2005

He understands the opposite of No!

So tonight after I picked Jack up from daycare, I went to get him a new pair of shoes at the Nike outlet store. His Robeez shoes were really on their last legs. It didn't help that Daddy played "roll the baby down the driveway" this weekend where he skided them up and put numerous holes in the heels. It was a cute game where Jack was in his walker and we would let him roll down the hill of the driveway. Oh yeah and we did catch him at the end of the driveway, no need to call CPS on us. Jack thought it was the funnest game in the world.

So anyway, we are in the Nike store and I am trying a pair of shoes on a very wiggly and very stubborn Jack. He hates shoes and I mean hates em. So me trying a pair of confining Nikes on him is not good. So while I am struggling to get these size 4 shoes on him, he is wiggling and trying to get free. I keep saying "No Jack" and what does my angel son say? He turns around and says "Yes" right to me. I couldn't believe him! After many minutes of struggle and sweat and tears, I finally get these shoes on him and decide that they are good. I let him wear em out of the store.

So we are walking to the car and I am counting the hours until I can put my sweet angel to bed and maybe grab something alcoholic and he learns another new trick. He learns how to undo the safety belt on the stroller and is trying to stand up! So I bend down and try to buckle him back up and of course we are doing his usual struggle/screaming dance. I again say "No Jack" and again he says "Yes". Ahh the kid is trying my patience. At this point I wonder to myself how many times in a parents life, does one say "No"?

So my question is, if this is the terrible ones, what is the terrible twos going to be like? Forget that, I don't think I want to know. I think I want to be ignorant for awhile longer. Now where is that alcoholic something-or-other?

No comments: