Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, March 26, 2005

My stubborn Non-Walker

I have a confession to make. I am jealous of those Mommies whose March babies are walking already. Some (Ben!) even walked at 8 months! I want to see my Jackaroo walk! Is that too much to ask? I know he can do it because he actually walked 3 steps at Grandma and Grandpa's house in Michigan. But we tricked him into that. And ever since then, he is onto us. If he sees another walking opportunity in his immediate future, he will sit right down on his little butt and I could swear he says "NO!".

He does cruise around the furniture and walls like an old pro. As long as he can hold onto something, he will take off like there is no tomorrow. He also will walk all around while holding my hand. But as soon as I let go, down he goes on that little rear-end of his. Yes I have the most stubborn child in the world. I know that he knows I want him to do it and therefore he is saying "I am gonna make her wait - Ha! Teach her to make me walk before I am ready". I just know that is what he is saying.

I would really like for him to be walking when we go on our cruise in 2 weeks. I would love to see him at the beach walking up to the water's edge. I know I know I just want that Kodak moment. But another reason is that the boy is heavy! He is 25 lbs and seriously, I can't carry him for too long before my back starts to give out. There is a reason why babies need to start walking at this age - to save their parent's backs!

In other news - we have the sickness crud back in our house again! Daddy has been sick for the last week - missing work and everything. I feel for him because a couple of weeks ago, I too was a slug. And then yesterday, I pick Jack up from daycare and yes he was sick also. It really was pathetic how he looked. His eyes were totally swollen and red and just plain sick looking. But just like babies, he was feeling back to his normal non-stop energetic self this morning. Oh yay!

In fact, at this moment he is trying everything in his might to shut the computer off. So I'll say by for now.

1 comment:

Erin said...

That's okay.. I'd love to hear Ben talk! But it isn't happenin.. he's happy with his dadadanananana stuff for now...