Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Things He Learns in School

I just have to say that preschool has such a tremendous effect on Jack. He is learning so much that he never would of with just me. Before he went to school, he could not tell me names of colors. He would guess and every now and then guess right. But now, he knows them without even thinking. It shocked me the other day when he was talking about our "new tar" as he does every day. Yes the car is about 8 months old and not so new, but it is still to him and for some reason he is absolutely fascinated with the thing. But anyway, he was rambling on about the "new tar" and while I was driving I wasn't really paying attention to what he was saying, as I do a lot when he is rambling. But all of a sudden I heard him talking about his "white new tar" and I thought wow before school he never would have said his new tar was white.

Speaking of rambling, you see that commercial of that little girl with her daddy who is strapping her into her car seat and she is talking nonstop and her father is just nodding his head. Yeah, that is me and Jack. The kid does not stop talking. Ever.

Anyway, back to school and learning. He has music class every week and he now is so into music whereas before he didn't really care about it all that much. In fact for the last hour and a half, we sat on the couch playing with his toy that plays all kinds of songs. And he would say to me "Everybody sing" or "Shake it mama" wanting me to dance. And I guess they play freeze the music because then he would say "FREEZE" and we would have to freeze our dancing. Too funny.

They have also taught him to walk single file and hold his hands in front of him while he is walking the halls of his school. His school is at a church and they teach him to respect "God's House" and to walk that way through the halls. So, this Sunday when we were walking into church that we were visiting for the first time, I caught Jack walking very seriously and holding his hands in front of him. Such a good boy he is.

Speaking of church, I took this picture of the boy just before we left for church on Sunday morning. My handsome boy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of my grandson, Jack, knowing his colors before he even turns three years old. He does what the school wants and respects the house of God. What a handsome grandson I have. He looks more like he is five years old and not just 2 1/2.

Anonymous said...

He's gorgeous!!!