Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Busy Sunday and More Talk of Hurricanes

We are super busy today, so I thought I would get on here and tell ya about it all in between events of the day.

We went to church this morning and everybody is talking about the possibility of Ike. They even had the sand bags out front of the church left over from last week's storm.

In a few minutes, we will be leaving to go to a birthday party for our friend's three-year-old girl, where lots of candy and sugar will be consumed by the boy. Then we have to leave somewhat early from there to go to a bridal shower for our neighbor who is getting married next month. The shower was actually supposed to be last week, but Gustav pretty much did everyone's plans in last weekend.

Then I also have to leave the shower early and go back to church to help out with the youth group. I signed up to be a youth group leader and that means that my Sunday nights are now taken. Then it will be back home, do a load of laundry (the boy needs clothes for school), get the boy in bed and relax for a few minutes before I go to bed myself. I doubt that I will see Jim at all today as he is sleeping right now and then will be working tonight while Jack and I are off doing our thing.

Thanks for everybody's concern about the hurricane threats. And Evelyn it is great to see you again. I see that you have been watching the hurricane tracking about as much as I do. We are hoping that it will hit over in Texas somewhere and not affect us that much. However, if it does hit to the west of us, we will be on the "bad side" of the hurricane. Until lately, I had no idea that there was a "bad side" to a hurricane, but evidently the northeast of the eye gets hit by the bad winds. Who knew? I tell ya before this hurricane season is over, I will feel like I have earned an education in hurricanes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Dawn!! =) Nice to see you too!! LOL...I didn't know there was a "bad side" either until Gustav went thru and now again they mentioned it with Ike! I'm just fascinated by storms and like to follow the Hurricanes, but I don't like the damage/killing that they do!! I was waiting for Ike to crash into Hanna, since she just stalled in the Bahamas, just to see what it would be like to have 2 Hurricanes Collide!!! But like everybody else!!, She took off running!!! LOL We can just be thankful that she didn't do much damage to the U.S., unlike what she did to Haiti! And she didn't even HIT Haiti!! And also that Josephine fizzled off into the ocean!! Love you! Evelyn

Anonymous said...

Hi, again!! =) By the way, your little Jack is quite the cutie!!! =) My Grandsons are now 5 1/2 yrs, and just turned 7 on Sept. 4th!!! I'll have to send you a pic sometime!! (When I get one!!) =/ It seems like I am always the last to get any of the good ones!! Naomi has one but keeps forgetting to send it to me!!! She is now 17, and lives with me now!!!! =) And Drives!!! The boys are now 27, 23, and almost 20!!! They sure do grow up so fast!!! So enjoy Jack while you can!!! =) (It is obvious that you ARE!!) LOL Love, Evelyn