Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, September 12, 2008

Feeling the Effects



We are hundreds of miles away from Galvaston, however we are definitely feeling the effects of Ike. The above picture was taken this morning at the Gulfport pier that was severly damaged in Gustav and now from Ike. It is amazing that we are feeling such heavy effects being so far away. The beach road is closed and the wind is enough to blow your head off. Forget having a good hair day in this wind. I feel bad for Texas and hope that the people who are being told they face "certain death" actually heed the warnings and get out of there. I have seen what the storm surge from Katrina did here and they need to know that storm surges are downright deadly.

I hope everybody says an extra little prayer for all those in harms way from Ike. I know that I will sure breath a sigh of relief when November 30th comes around (the end of hurricane season).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! yIKE's!! This was part of a Headline for Ike!! LOL Sure hope your "Effects" weren't too bad!! I just found out that WE TOO were feeling the "effects" of Ike!! I tho't No Way!!! But looking at the full U.S. weather map, sure enough!, the weather was coming from Ike!!! We had a really hard rain most of yesterday, that caused accidents, really bad travel conditions!!! (I was out in it!!) And minor flooding!! Luckily we haven't had much rain lately (well, we are in a "drought" situation right now, so do need the rain!!) or we would have had worse Flooding! Johnstown is know as "Flood City" due to 3 major Floods!!! Just like Battle Creek is know as "Cereal City"!! I always tell people that I moved from "Cereal City" to "Flood City"!!! =) All for now...Love, Evelyn

Anonymous said...

Our Ike effects P.S.....I just found out that the Rain we had the other day, was not actually from Ike, even tho' it LOOKED like it was....it was probably the same storm system that Flooded Chicago and they say that THAT was the remnants of Tropical Storm Lowell from the Pacific that came across...and it just kind of blended in with Ike's system!! Hope you are all OK! from Ike!! Love, Evelyn