Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

All Things Jack

It has been awhile since I did a list of all things Jack. Things he likes, dislikes, or whatever. So here goes:

** He has started thinking that Daddy is the "other man". He becomes very jealous of Daddy when Jim is showing me affection. Jim will say "I love Mama" and Jack will pipe up and say "NOOOO She's My Mama!" While this is quite cute and I am flattered that I mean so much to the child, we do need to nip this one in the bud I think.

** The boy will not sleep alone anymore. Or I should say, he wants to sleep with me all the time. I started a few months ago letting him sleep with me when Jim was working. I liked having him near with me. However, now he will not sleep alone. Every single night is a struggle to put him to bed, especially on nights when Daddy is home.

** His favorite color is orange. He will tell you that quite often. In fact, when we were painting Laura's room, he came to me and said "Mom, we need to talk. I want to paint my ceiling orange. Orange is my favorite color." And that was a quote. And no his ceiling did not get painted orange.

** He calls me Mom now instead of Mama or Mommy. I miss hearing Mama.

** He wants to grow up fast. He keeps saying he is going to be "thiiiissss tall" with his arm reaching way up to the sky. He has grown almost 2 inches since the start of summer, so he is on his way.

** He is very strong-willed. When he puts his mind to something, it is like changing the weather to change his mind. And stubborn is that child. Every single day there is a battle about something. Be it the underwear (Bob the Builder vs. Superman) to wear or trying to get him to eat something. Good Lord that child is causing me gray hairs every day.

** He absolutely loves to swim. He has come a long way since the beginning of the summer when he would not get away from the side of the pool. Now he either wears his life vest or his inner tube and kicks himself all over the pool with no fear. I plan on putting him in swim lessons in August after Laura goes back to California. (Yes she is going back by the way.)

** Speaking of Laura, the kid practically worships his sister. It will not be pretty when she leaves in a month.

** He loves to go fishing. He can sit out on the ocean pier for hours at a time. He must of received the fishing gene that skipped a generation with me. I am sure that in a few years, I will see him riding his bike down to the lake with his pole and tackle box in tow.

** He is about the most social kid I have ever met. He loves his friends and says he misses them all the time. He talks about his friends from school and how he can not wait until school starts again (me neither). He is quite the ladies man with at least three girlfriends.

** As far as food goes, it depends on the day as to what he will eat. However, he can and will eat cereal three times a day if I let him. And not the sugar variety either. No, he loves Raisin Bran, chex, cheerios, granola. Pretty much anything with milk.

** If I let him, I do believe the child could drink a half gallon of milk a day. He absolutely loves milk. Maybe that is why I was craving the stuff when I was pregnant?

** He has so much energy and can go pretty much all day long nonstop. I try to enforce "quiet time" during the afternoon with varying degrees of success. I just wish they could invent a way to bottle that energy and give it to me!

** He loves to sing. He makes up songs on the fly about whatever he happens to see at that particular moment, such as trees, and will sing about trees for about 10 minutes.

** His imagination is phenemonal. We don't need to buy toys for this one. No, he just plays with whatever imaginary thing he needs at that moment. And expect you to play along with him. We have a good ole time pretending to cook with nothing but air.

** All in all, he is a very happy, well-adjusted, strong-willed, energetic, imaginative little boy. I just can not believe that he is going on four! The time does fly by.

1 comment:

Not Me's Mom said...

It was fun to read about how Jack is changing & growing up!! Your doing a great job being a Momma!! :)