Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Daily Random Stuff

Jim took Laura to see the new Harry Potter movie tonight, so it is just Jack and I at home tonight. Right now he is watching Ice Age 2 and I am hoping he will go to bed early tonight. As far as Jim and Laura, I am pretty sure that Laura is going to be scared at the movie tonight. I remember I took her to see the last Harry Potter movie and she practically jumped into my lap when the scary water scene came on. Jim was on duty last night and talked to some people who were coming out of the the theatre after the midnight showing and they said it was the best one yet.

Anyway, not much happening here. I can't seem to keep Laura from getting bored. We went to Hobby Lobby today and bought some stuff to finish her room and I was hoping that would make her excited, but alas, she is a pre-teen girl who doesn't seem to smile or get excited about anything in the world. Again, thanking my lucky stars for having a boy and I won't have to go through female angst and hormones with two girls in my life. Thank you Jack for being a boy!

I finally started to paint the shelves that Jim made about six months ago for Jack's room. I was going to paint them all different primary colors, but then I saw the foam stamp things at the hobby store and decided a different course of action. Instead, I painted the shelves white and then using the primary colors (and orange of course), I am foam stamping trucks, airplanes, trains, and cars all over. It is looking pretty cute, if I say so myself. I will post a picture when I finally get the whole thing done, which could take awhile considering I have to do it with a certain boy trying to "help" all the time.

So tomorrow it is back to "trying to entertain Laura" again. It should be a bit better because she is having a friend spend the night tomorrow. I bought some pizza crusts and toppings and will let them make pizzas for dinner, along with root beer floats. Should be fun for a minute until the pre-teen female angst hits again!

No comments: