Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, July 20, 2007

In The Tummy

We have two close friends who are pregnant. One of them, Holly, is due any day now as her due date is the 26th. I will be taking care of that little boy (who still has no name at the moment!) when Holly goes back to her job as a nurse. It will only be two days a week and it should be both interesting and good to have a baby around the house for Jack.

Our other friend, neighbor Erin, is due in September with a little girl. I have been explaining to Jack that both Miss Holly and Miss Erin have babies in their tummies that are going to come out soon. And when the babies come out, we will be able to see and hold them. Of course, all this has prompted conversations between Jack and I about how he used to be in my tummy when he was a baby, which is quite comical to see him process this information. It usually leads to "I don't fit in your tummy anymore." But I tell him "no you don't, but you will always fit in my arms." And then he gives me a big hug and tells me that he loves me. Que the heart melting.

I guess all this talk about babies being in tummies has got Jack to thinking. Just today he walked up to me and told me that he had a "puppy in his tummy and it was going to come out soon." Hehe. Pretty cute stuff.

No comments: