Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, February 04, 2008

Disney ... Day Two

Day two started out bright and early again because the only reservations we could get at Chef Mickey's were at 7:15 am. Jack handled the character breakfast a lot better this time than last time when he ignored or pretended they did not exist when they came around to our table. This time he literally ran up and gave each one a hug and posed for the pictures. We got to see Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, and Donald while we were there. But really the price of the breakfast was outrageous. It was $75 for the three of us and I think Jack ate half a Mickey waffle and 4 gummy bears, if that. He was way too excited to actually eat breakfast. But it was the experience that was worth it, I guess.




After Chef Mickey's, it was off to the Magic Kingdom by the monorail and for this first ride, we got to ride in the front car with the engineer and I have to say that was one of the best rides at Disney and we didn't even have to spend hundreds of dollars for it! We were having so much fun, we decided to do the whole loop around before we got off at the park. And at the end, Jack got a junior engineer's license, which he carried around in his hat of all places all day long.







We stopped by Mickey's house and got to have a family picture with the big mouse himself. We also thanked him for making our yummy breakfast for us earlier.




One of the best rides in the park was of course the train ride around the park.




Jack and Daddy riding the Dumbo ride. This was one of the longer waits, but it is a must ride when at Disney.


Jack all smiles on Cindarella's merry go round.






While we were in Frontierland, Woody from Toy Story was having a little hoe-down with all the kids. Jack got into the action by riding his horsie around with Woody. I have a small video of Jack and all the kids dancing the hokey pokey with Woody, but my computer is not cooperating right now, so you just have to trust me when I say it is really cute.





Jack and Daddy doing some shooting at the shooting arcade.




Panning for gold (actually gold Mickey ears, at $900 an ounce, I wish it were real gold).



Our last ride of the night before the big night time parade and fireworks was the Jungle Cruise. It was pretty funny, because right before that, we let Jack buy a play shot gun at the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. So when we got on the Jungle Cruise ride, he was pretending to shoot all the pretend animals. Then the pilot of the boat let Jack "steer" the boat for awhile, which Jack thought was way cool and he also got a junior co-pilots license to go with his junior engineers license from the monorail.




The castle lit up for the night. I have to admit that even as an adult, the sight of Cindarella's castle makes me a kid again.
We had a good first day at the Magic Kingdom. There were no huge crowds. The only ride that Jack absolutely hated and screamed all the way through was the Stitch ride in Tomorrowland. It was pretty scary and I felt so helpless sitting there with him screaming at the top of his lungs in the next seat. But he soon got over the fright by going on the Indy cars with me. I let him steer while I pushed the pedal. He was laughing and giggling so hard by the end of it and he proudly proclaimed to Daddy, who was waiting for us, that he was a "crazy driver".
The one ride that I wanted to scream and cry on was the teacup ride. I will never ever ride that with my crazy husband and son who like to spin the thing around at top speed. Oh my goodness, I was headed to the bathroom after that.
We rode pretty much every ride we wanted to ride, although there were a few that we would of wanted to ride again if there were time. Jack's favorite ride of all time was Big Thunder Mountain and he laughed and giggled the entire ride while sitting between Jim and I. It is official, the boy loves roller coasters. I can't wait until he is another two inches taller and he can go on Space Mountain.
He was scared on The Haunted Mansion, but didn't cry or anything. I just think he was very happy to be between Mom and Daddy. At the end of the ride, you look in the mirror to see a ghost riding with you in the car and Jack kept looking behind him to see if the ghost really was there. But Jack laughed when Daddy reached up to pick the ghost's nose, he thought that was just too funny.
Of course, we rode all the classics like Small World, Peter Pan's flight, Winnie the Pooh, and the Pirates of the Caribbean. After we got off the Pirates ride and they dump you into the gift shop, we spent some money there. I have been looking for a Captain Jack shirt for Jack and I found one, which is a football jersey type with the pirate skeleton on the front and the name Captain Jack on the back. I about died when I saw that it cost $43!!! Yeah that came out of our mad money. But seriously people, $43 for a kid's shirt?
We stayed for the fireworks and beat it to the monorail to get home. I have to admit that the walk to the monorail, then to the bus stop to catch the bus to our hotel, then up the stairs and down the hall to our room was excruciatingly painful. I was exhausted. But Jack was quite the trooper all day long and kept going with no tears or complaints nor any nap. But as soon as his head hit the pillow, he was out and me for that matter.
And that was our Day two or the first day in the parks. I hope I am not boring anybody with these trip reports. I am doing it more to save it for memory sakes than anything. So if my stupid computer and internet (both are plotting against me at the moment) will cooperate in the least, I hope to have the other two days reports posted soon with more pictures.















1 comment:

-LGirl- said...

Thanks so much for sharing your trip I am really enjoying it!
I love the picture of all of you together with Mickey and your Pink fanny pack! So cute!