Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, February 03, 2008

We Are Back!


We are back from Disney Fest 2008. It was all fun, but extremely exhausting on all of our parts. I have to say though that Jack was such a trooper. The first day we started off at 6 am by getting to Chef Mickeys at 7 and then closing the Magic Kingdom park by watching the fireworks that night without taking a break once. We were at it for 14 hours straight and Jack never once complained, nor took a nap in the stroller.


We timed our trip perfectly because there were no crowds at all. I think our longest wait was 20 minutes for the Jungle Cruise. I think going to the Magic Kingdom on a Wednesday at the end of January is a very good time to go. We went back to the MK on Friday night to catch the parade and there were three times as many people there than two days prior.


We stayed at The Shades of Green, which is the resort for military families and I have to say that the Iraq war touched home for us. We met a mother and her 3 year old son who lost his Daddy in the war about a year and a half ago. I really felt for her and that little boy. Of course, Jack struck up a friendship and before long, the two of them were playing with the remote-controlled boats like long-lost friends. But really the war was all over as you saw families sporting shirts about surviving deployments and getting together again at Disney.


We did a full three days in three parks. The first day we did Magic Kingdom, then Epcot, then Animal Kingdom. But I have to admit it is good to be home and not have to worry about catching monorails, buses, or fast passes!


I will post a more complete trip report and pictures later for ya'lls enjoyment. My lovely computer seems to not like me again.

1 comment:

-LGirl- said...

I am so glad you had such a fantastic time! It will probably take a while to relax after your break!LOL!