Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Nice Day Guilt

It is absolutely beautiful here today. It is a balmy 75 degrees, the sun is shining, the birds are singing. It is the kind of day that you know that you should just be out living life and enjoying the sunshine. You feel guilty for not being out there doing whatever it is that you should do on such a nice day. However, all I want to do is close my eyes and go to sleep. Jack and I were very busy yesterday and I guess you could say that we partied late last night.

We went to Kyle's 4th birthday party where we had fun. Jack had fun running all over the playland while I had fun catching up with some of the mothers from Jack's old school. The party theme was transformers and it was so funny because the birthday cake had tons of blue frosting, which we later discovered seriously stained everything it touched. Jack was enjoying it so much that when I looked at him, he had blue frosting completely covering his face, it was even up his nose! And when he sneezed, blue came out! And seriously, I am very intrigued as to what the color of poop will be coming out next time.

After the party, we came back home, only to go to yet another party at our neighbor's house with all of our church friends. We are in this group of friends that get together two or three times a week just to have fun together. And last night, it was a fun night. We didn't come home until after 11 and I don't think I went to bed until after midnight.

So when it was 5:15 this morning and all the animals in the house were conspiring against me to get out of bed to feed them or let them outside to do their business, I was not a happy camper. But there is just something about actually getting out of bed, no matter how early or how few hours I actually slept, that makes me have to stay up. Going back to bed is not an option because I couldn't sleep anyway. But now, in the middle of the afternoon, after church and after lunch, I am sooooooo ready to just close my eyes and go to sleep. I just wish it wasn't so nice out so I didn't feel so guilty about the whole thing!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Just pretend you are up here in MI where the windchill is -25 with blizzard conditions and you are stuck at home. I had NO problem napping today. :)

Jack's Mom said...

Thanks Kelli, you just made me feel better! Oh I remember those days and I think I will be here feeling guilty about napping hehe.