Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, February 07, 2008

So Far So Good

Well so far, all of us in the Jackaroo house have not been sick, which is quite amazing to me. I am usually the very first one in the entire county to get whatever bug that might have floated through the area. So to be in the minority of being healthy is quite shocking. I guess all those vitamin c pills really do work? Also I have been remembering to give Jack his Flintstone vitamins, that I normally forget most of the time.

Today I am watching our neighbor's girl, Allison, because she goes to the same school as Jack. I think they are enjoying their day off and right now are relishing the fact that they can watch Little Einsteins while eating breakfast. Later today, I plan on taking them to the Children's museum here in town. It is always a fun place to go and we have season membership and have not been using it that much.

Oh and for some news in my life, I got a job! Yes that is right, I now will be earning a paycheck of some sort. It is only a part-time bookkeeping job for an environmental lab. They are really cool about my crazy schedule and are totally flexible. It will probably be about 15 - 20 hours a week and I can work in the mornings when Jack is at school or when Jim is home and can watch Jack. It will be a huge help in our monthly budget that never seems to be enough these days. And it gets me back out there working, which is good for me, because I have been feeling that I am pretty rusty in the job skills area. Not to mention, I get to talk to adults!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Congrats on the job! Sounds really ideal... good hours so you can still chase your whirlwind. :)