Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

42 Is The Number This Year

Jack had his four-year-old check up today. He was very worried about getting shots and informed me several times on the way there that he did NOT like shots and did NOT want any shots. And alas he is done with shots until he has to go into kindergarten.

The stats are 42 inches tall and 42 pounds. We started to go to Keesler AFB for our medical since it is totally free because of Jim's 20 years of service and this is the first time Jack had an appointment there. I am very impressed with the level of care. The doctor asked all kinds of questions like can he spell his name (yes he can and the doctor was impressed) and can he stand on one leg and even how much tv he watches a day. Yeah I totally lied on that one and said "hardly ever" because there are some days that the tv is MY sanity saver. I admit that it has been a babysitter from time to time.

I had to laugh because he also asked if Jack bruises easily because to look at his legs, one might come to the conclusion that either he does bruise easily or he is a very abused child. What can I say? He is a boy who plays hard and has about a dozen bruises on him at any given time. But he is a healthy boy and for that I am very grateful.

No comments: