Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Weekend Recap

It was a very busy weekend here in Jackaroo World. On Saturday, I predicted right, and Jack came home from the boating fishing trip very sunburnt. In fact, he got sick Saturday night by throwing up in the night in his bed around midnight. And then again in the morning. Needless to say, we did not go to church on Sunday. I could just imagine that during children's story time, Jack would heave right in front of the whole church.

However, by the 4 in the afternoon, he was feeling better and I let him go to Allison's birthday party next door. She was turning five and let me just say that it was a huge affair! They rented a huge inflatable water slide for the kids and that turned out to be a huge hit. I wasn't sure if I wanted Jack out in the sun, but he convinced me to let him put his swim trunks on and go play.

I think there were at least 60 or 70 people there with about 30 of them being kids under the age of 6. It was absolute chaos. They also had a show with somebody dressed up as Ork from Dragon Tales and there was lots of singing and dancing. I told Sonia, Allison's mother, that she could host Jack's birthday party next year since she obviously knew how to put on a kickin' kid's party!

Because of all the excitement the previous two days, yesterday was a very low-key day. I didn't want Jack to get any more sun, even though a lot of our friends were going to be spending the day at the pool.

And today, Jack gets to go to work with me. I can't find anybody to watch him for the few hours I have to go work and Jim worked last night, so is sleeping. I had to take him with me last Monday and he did really well while watching movies on the portable dvd player and playing with his cars. Thank goodness I work for a place that lets me do that, cause I can't afford a babysitter, kinda would wipe out the benefits of actually having a job. Ya know.

And I know I promised pictures of the birthday party and well I am lame because I was so worried about Jack being sick that I didn't even think about the camera until way later. I do need to start taking some pics of the boy and post them for ya'll.

No comments: