Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, May 05, 2008

And Another Sunday Zinger

I will start this post out by mentioning that I woke up yesterday (Sunday) morning to Jack throwing up next to me in my bed (I let him sleep with me when Jim is on duty). I knew that on Saturday he probably ate a ton of cotton candy and whatnot at the May Fest at church and was probably feeling the effects of that. So we got up and he seemed to be fine. He ate breakfast and I just chalked it up to too much fun the day before. Of course, having to strip the bed and wash every single thing was not fun. I was thanking God that I didn't have the down comforter on the bed that we just got back from the cleaners a couple of weeks ago after paying $45 to clean. And poor Jim had to sleep in the guest bedroom after he came home from work.

So we went to church as scheduled yesterday. At one point I did have to take him to the bathroom where he had a good case of diarhea. This was just before the children's sermon where the kids go up for a story and then they all go off to children's church and the adults get to listen to the sermon in peace. So Jack went up for the children's sermon and I know that I have blogged about this before, but every week I am scared to death to hear what Jack is going to say out loud in front of the whole church. Every week there is something that he feels the need to tell everyone. One week it was that he farted. Another week he kept interupting Pastor Stephen to tell him all about his cousin the race car driver. Last week he had to spill the beans about Daddy hitting a mailbox on the way to church and breaking our passenger side mirror. Yeah so by now I am literally scared to death to send him down front for the story time. And by now you can pretty much guess what Jack's topic of conversation was yesterday. Yep that's right, he had to tell everybody how he threw up in bed, with noise demonstrations, AND he had to tell how he had just pooped in the toilet at church!

Now I know the reason why he feels so comfortable in telling Pastor Stephen all these things is because Stephen is not just our Pastor, but he is one of our closest friends. We get together with them at least once or twice a week and Jack sees him just as a friend and not as the "pastor" of the church. But seriously ya'll, he needs to stop this! Literally, every single pair of eyes turn toward me when it is time for the children's sermon. And me being the shy one that I am, starts to sink lower and lower in the pew.

To make matters worse, Stephen worked Jack into his sermon for the adults. He was talking about comfort zones and how we need to get outside of them to talk to other people about Jesus - to Just Walk Across The Room. And he said "look at Jack, he is in his comfort zone telling everybody how he pooped at church, that is how we all should be with that much enthusiasm". Of course that got a good laugh from everybody.

I even try to tell the boy to NOT interrupt Pastor Stephen. We have a long conversation every week about how it is not nice to interrupt and only talk if he asks a question. But the boy loves church so much and gets so excited when it is time for the children's sermon that all the lecturing I gave him goes right out the window, which I suppose is a good thing when you look at it, but I am afraid that I am going to be forever known as Jack's mother, the boy who pooped at church!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful memories ya all are making. Jack is wonderful! And we should all learn to be more like the children, it would be a better place to live. Jesus told us that very thing. How many gray hairs do you have now?

Aunt Corlinda/Sis