Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, May 30, 2008

Girlfriends & Sex & the City

Alright, I can't tell you how much I love Sex and the City. I know it is racy. I know there is a lot of sex. But under all of that, it is a really great show about girlfriends and life and relationships. During my single years of my early 30s, I absolutely adored the show. I could relate to every single one of those women in some way or another. Maybe it was because I was the same age as they were, and single, and close to giving up on finding Mr. Right. But I loved loved loved the show.

Then I did find my Mr. Big, got pregnant, had a baby, got married (yes in that order) and the show went off the air. But tonight, I went with all my new girlfriends I have made here in Mississippi to see my beloved show and it was everything and more that I expected or hoped for. First of all, the group of us 9 girls went out for Mexican, got slightly drunk on Margaritas and went to the theatre. We got there early to get good seats of course, and I have to say that the crowd of women in that theatre was so much fun. Within minutes, I think the entire theatre were great friends and we even invited a few of them to a party next week. Yeah and being slightly drunk didn't hurt any in the socializing area either.

The movie was the greatest. Whoever was a fan of the show, you MUST go see the movie. You will cry, laugh, and hug your girlfriend next to you on the way out. Oh and do not take any husbands, cause they just won't get it. Go with your girlfriends. The best.

1 comment:

-LGirl- said...

Sounds like a blast i can't wait to see it.
BTW I am Charlotte!