Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, May 23, 2008

Random Happenings

Some recent happenings in the Jackaroo World household:

** Last weekend Jack and I went to a spring festival held by a local church. First of all I just have to say that the church had to make some major bank that weekend because the thing was huge. There was rides, games, booths, crafts, shows, and more going on. Jim was working last weekend so I decided to take Jack and we had a blast. It was a fun Jack and Mommy day, just the two of us. Jack rode a bunch of rides. The funny thing was when he walked right on the little roller coaster all by himself with no fear at all, but when I tried to get him on the Ferris wheel, he said it was too scary. However, we both rode the ferris wheel and all he could say during the whole ride was "wow" and "this is so cool". Jack also got his very first pony ride and although I took pictures with my phone, they turned out really bad or you would see Jack riding the cutest pony of all. After that, we ate all kinds of bad carnival food and enjoyed every last bite. All in all a great day.

** The other night, we went to a neighbor's crawfish boil and brought home a ton of the mudbugs. And my little redneck-in-the-making cracked them open and sucked the heads out like a pro. And nope, not me. I still can't quite get myself to actually "enjoy" eating a mudbug yet.

** Tomorrow we have plans to rent a pontoon boat and take it out in the Biloxi Back Bay. My brother-in-law is coming with us and a lot of fishing will be happening. Of course Jack is way excited and can't wait to use the fishing pole that cousin Chad got him for his birthday. As for me, I couldn't decide if I wanted to spend the day alone in peace and get some work done around the house, or join them on the boat. I just decided that the work will still be there and a day lounging on a boat sounds like fun. But I can guarantee that this girl will not be fishing. Nope a good book, cold drink, and bottle of sunscreen will be my companions tomorrow. I will also be the official photographer, so look for pictures. I know that pictures lately have not been very plentiful and I hope to remedy that soon.

I hope ya'll have a great Memorial Day weekend!

No comments: