Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 01, 2008

He Handled It Himself

So last night Jack had an accident in his bed. I guess it was sometime during the middle of the night. But the boy handled it like a pro and a big boy that he is. When I walked into his room this morning to get him up for school, I noticed that he was wearing different jammies and was laying on top of his comforter on the bed with another blanket over him. I pretty much figured out what had happened, but I wanted him to tell me. I always tell him that if he tells me the truth about accidents, I will not be mad, but I could tell that he did not want to tell me what happened.

Finally after a few minutes, the whole story came out how he woke up and realized that he had peed the bed. He got out of bed, threw his dirty jammies and underwear in his laundry basket, got clean jammies and underwear out of his dresser and changed into them. He then got another blanket from his closet, made his bed by pulling the comforter up over the wet area and laid down on top with the new blanket on top of him. He did all this on his own without waking up me and Jim.

Of course, I had to praise him for being such a big boy and for telling me the truth of what happened. And just for that, we stopped and got ice cream from Sonic today after school. He really does amaze me how much of a big kid he is these days. He dresses himself, brushes his teeth, cleans his room up fairly well when asked to do so, and is consistently one of the "best kids" in his class according to his teacher. That being said, he is not perfect and the whining stage has come back to roost big time. If there is anything that I can not stand, it is the whining! Drives me nuts. But for the most part, I couldn't ask for a better kid.

2 comments:

-LGirl- said...

That's so cute! He really is growing up!

Anonymous said...

Papa and I are so proud of our big boy Jack.