Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Birthday Bash

We are having a big birthday bash today. It is for me. Jim had first planned this whole thing as a surprise for me because I am rolling over into another decade (oh my gosh!). He was so sweet and sneaky for awhile. He went behind my back and invited my family from Michigan along with his entire side of the family to come down for the big bash today. But I found out in my sneaky way (I was looking over his shoulder as he was IMng my mother) and he had to fess up to his plans. I am glad that I found out because really I don't like surprises. And truth be told, if he had not told me and if we had not been working for two days to get this house clean and in shape and if people just suddenly showed up with no warning to a house that was not "company-approved", I would have been a little bit upset, shall we say.

But anyway, they are all coming for me today and I must say that seems a bit weird to me. I am not used to having a whole alot of attention focused on me. I am a really good wallflower, so to speak. So I am focusing on this being just a great big family bbq at the house and not about my upcoming, looming big FOUR OH as in OH MY GOSH AM I REALLY THAT OLD?! My actual birthday is on Tuesday, so I still have a few precious days left of my thirties.

You will probably see a post or two in the next few days about my thoughts on turning the big four-oh. The good and the bad. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

-LGirl- said...

Happy Birthday!
Don't you know 40 is the new black! I'll meet you there (in the 40's) next week!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! Hope you had a great bash!

Steffie B. said...

Happy Birthday.....I can hardly believe we are so old! lol I turn the big 40 in June!