Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Seizing Opportunity

Tonight I had a meeting at the church for the children's council that I kinda got signed up for because I have a child I think. Jim was working tonight and I did something that I have never done before - ask somebody to babysit my child. I know that sounds weird, but it is true. Other than my very good friend, Janet and Jack's daycare provider (saint) in California, I have never had anybody babysit my child until tonight. I asked our neighbors who have a 4-year-old little girl to watch Jack for a couple of hours. And Jack was estatic to go over to Alison's house because he, just the other day, referred to Alison as his "sweetheart". Yes, we are in trouble. It is probably a good thing that her father is in the Air Force and will probably not be in the area when the kids are approaching the teen years. Oy!

Anyway, the meeting was cancelled, but nobody informed me of the cancellation. And I swear that upon hearing the news that I did not have a meeting to go to, but instead had 2 hours of MY time, my heart skipped a beat. What joy! What freedom! I booked it down to Barnes and Noble and sat there for over an hour with a cup of coffee reading and perusing the aisles WITHOUT a toddler pulling me toward the train table. Pure Bliss.

1 comment:

Steffie B. said...

I so hear you.....I am so thankful for my sister Ingrid! ;)