Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, April 20, 2007

Can This Be True?

For the past three days, Jack has not had any pee pee accidents. While that is not that great of an accomplishment, because I would usually force his little bottom on the toilet every hour or two just to make sure there were no accidents forthcoming. And this usually resulted in great crying and saying "No Mama" because the boy did not want to sit on the toilet. I was beginning to think that I would have to remind him to go to the bathroom during first grade.

However, things have changed for the better in the Jackaroo house in the last few days. He will say, out of the blue, "I have to go to the bathroom" and actually go into the bathroom and do his business! He even attempts to put his underwear and pants back on (usually backwards, but I don't say anything because he is so proud of himself for doing that). He is so cute as he runs out of the bathroom yelling "I did it!"

Even last night as I was getting him ready for bed, he started to toot toot. I asked him if he needed to go to the bathroom. He looked at me, thought for a minute and said very seriously, "yes I do". And sure enough, he went in there and pooped on the toilet - a rarity. He has been waiting until the first minute the diaper hits his bottom to do the poop thing.

Have we turned a corner and can this actually be true? Is he actually day-time potty trained? I think it is time to celebrate!

Next up - night time trained. Not even going to try that one for a few months.

No comments: