Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, April 27, 2007

The Ho Hums

It seems that as of lately that I have been reaching to find something to blog about. It isn't that my life isn't exciting (well maybe exciting isn't the word, but full), because I find myself very busy with the daily things of being a stay at home mom, but the content of the daily stuff just doesn't seem that blog worthy. So this is a post about having nothing that big to say.

Jack has been his good self lately. I have started a new discipline/threatening tool that seems to work quite well. I learned it from another mother in the neighborhood where I saw her counting to five and if her son (age 8) didn't do what she wanted him to do by the time she got to five, then something would happen. Not sure what that something was but it must have been a pretty big something because he straightened up by the time she got to three. So I thought I would try that on Jack and will tell him that if I get to five he will either lose a train or get a spanking depending on the severity of the situation at the time. And I have never had to get to five yet! It seems to work. Yay Me for copying another mother's discipline method.

I also started walking three times a night with two other ladies in the neighborhood and probably get a fourth involved soon. Three of us are mothers to toddlers and the other one is pregnant due in September, Erin, my next door neighbor. She also graduated from the same business college as I did near Boston, so we have gotten to be really good friends. She was telling me that she is really having a hard time deciding whether to stay at home or go back to work after the baby. I remember that decision. It is a hard one for every mother no matter what they decide I think.

Well there you have it. I guess, I did have something to write about after all.

1 comment:

Steffie B. said...

Way to go on the walking....I love to walk....but our weather here just sucks donkey balls lately! ;)
Sorry.....heard that phrase on another blog and I thought it was hilarious! ;)