Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Busy Weekend

We were busy this weekend around here. This was Daddy's weekend off and we went to the Crawfish Festival in Biloxi yesterday. Now mind you, this northern girl never in her life thought about eating a crawfish, or mud bug as they call it, in her entire life before I met my Mississippi-raised husband. Just the thought of tearing one of those things open and actually eating the flesh makes my skin crawl. And then my husband moved us to Mississippi, the land where they eat anything that crawls, where they have 10-day festivals just devoted to the creatures.

We went to the crawfish cook-off where about ten teams were competing for the prize as the best crawfish cookers or something like that. It was an all-you-can-eat crawfish fest and let me tell you the first one we tasted was by the Jack Daniels team and oh my gosh was it spicy. I was in pain and a day later, I swear I can still feel that spice on my lips. I also am a newbie in the whole crawfish etiquette. I have no idea how to eat the things, but the ones that Jim cracked open for me, I have to admit did not taste that bad (except for the Jack Daniels burn your lips off one).

There were also rides that Jack enjoyed at the festival. He was all smiles after getting off the kiddie roller coaster and the semi-truck rides. He enjoyed the rides a lot. The crawfish? Not so much. He ate a hot dog.

Also, last night we got an impromptu visit from Aunt Ann and Uncle Bill. Uncle Bill wanted to come down to the coast for fishing (he wanted more marathon fishing like he did a few weeks ago) and Aunt Ann wanted to go shopping, which of course, I was all for. And Jack thinks that Aunt Ann is THE BEST and anytime she is around he is like Mama and Daddy who?

We had a good time with them. Uncle Bill actually was out fishing all. night. long. Yes that is right all night long. He got back here at 7 am this morning. Yes, he is nuts. And Ann and I got to go shopping today after church. And the best part of the whole thing? Jack was not with me! I didn't have to yell at Jack to stop tearing the clothes off the rack or stop running to the other end of the store or to just plain stop doing anything. Loved it!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Hey there, my name is Hannah and I just started a new blog. I was looking around and came across yours. I was wondering how you made your header with your little guys pictures? I want to do something creative with mine but I am unsure.

Thanks!
Hannah

Steffie B. said...

Craw Fish....yucky....you poor girl! lol

Anonymous said...

I love your web site and Jack is cuter than the devil, Your mom is my very best friend I love her to death.