Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Is It Really Only Thursday?

Only Thursday? Really? Because I couldn't tell ya what I did each day this week except feel awful. I went to the doctor yesterday simply because I did not want this thing to turn into a month-long thing like I had last fall. So I told him fever, blah blah, coughing, blah blah, body aches, blah blah. He said that he didn't think I had the actual flu virus, but probably just a head cold because "the flu is really bad" and I guess in his eyes I wasn't "really bad"?? But he did a flu wash to find out anyway, which by the way, is really kinda gross to do. I have never had that done before. He sent me home with some cough medicine, sudafed, and nasal spray.

At 6:00 last night, he called back and said the lab results came back and yes indeed it was Type A flu virus. Even though I did have the flu shot, I still got the flu! He said that the flu shot probably made it weakened, but still! So it seems that Jack, Jim and I all got the flu probably sometime while in Disney. There was one time that this guy did a huge sneeze right in front of us and didn't even try to cover it. I thought at the time "EWWWW", now I wonder if he graciously gave us the crud. Laura, who also had the flu mist, did not get the flu thankfully. Jim and Jack did not get the flu shots. I tried to get Jack his, but they were all out of the pediatric ones by the time we went there.

Poor Jim has had to be in training all this week for Criminal Scene Unit. Yes, he is going to be a real life CSI cop. But he couldn't miss the training, despite the flu.

Thankfully, we are slowly getting back to normal. Jack has been back to school the last two days, although now I feel guilty because his teacher was out sick today with a fever. Uhoh. Jim is feeling better and just today I think I might feel better. But I am following the Doctor's orders and resting today while Jack is in school this morning.

It is cold here, well not as cold as some of you up north, but none the less, cold. It was in the 20's last night and tonight is supposed to be in the teens. I am really wondering about sending Jack to play soccer on Saturday with the temps in the 20's. Especially after getting over the flu. Poor kid, he has played one game out of four so far this season. But that is what you get when you schedule the season for December through February!

No comments: