Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, January 12, 2009

Not going to answer the phone anymore

I have decided that answering our home phone is just an invitation to grief. To make a long story short, when we moved our cell phones from AT&T to Sprint, we did it on the very day that our contract was up. I called that day and talked to AT&T and they said that it was okay to end our service without incurring any more charges. Well that was back in September. Lo and behold with no warning or anything we get a letter from a collection agency saying we owe over $600 to AT&T!!! What? I was so mad that Jim decided it best that he called them. Well after a few phone calls here and there and a couple of days, we got it all straightened out. Seems that we still had 8 hours left on our contract and they were charging us for early termination fees. Don't think so. They finally fessed up and said we did not owe anything. However, their sharks, err the collection agency, did not get the memo and are still after us. Calling every single day. Many times a day. And when we do talk to them, they are downright nasty. And we don't even owe the damn thing! We are this close to getting an attorney.

Well anyway, on top of all that, I just got a phone call from yet another collection agency asking for Jim. Again another nasty person on the other end (do they take nasty tests to get the job?) and said that Jim has defaulted on his XXXX credit card. I am all HUH? He mentioned something about owing $4500 and $2800 on two cards. I tell him that I had no idea what he is talking about. He is extremely nasty and says that we HAVE to pay these balances. I am telling him I don't know what he is talking about. We pay our bills. He then asks me if our address is such and such. Um no never lived at that address. Oh is your husband's middle name Wendell? Um that would be NO also. It wasn't even our debt! Just another guy named James Clayton they are trying to find and is going through the white pages for every James Clayton? And treating them like dog poo? At the end, he literally said "I guess I have the wrong number" and hung up! No apology no nothing. No sorry for me thinking my husband went out and ran up two credit cards with no payment. No sorry for the possible divorce! Just "oops wrong number".

I am giving up answering the phone.

1 comment:

James said...

Wow, maybe it is the name. I am a James Clayton as well and have another person by that same name who apparently does not pay his bills living in my same city.

Apparently, 50% of James Claytons do not pay their bills and the other half get the phone calls!!!