Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Never-Ending Flu

Whatever this is called, flu or Hell, it is bad. Poor Jack is going on the sixth straight day of having a fever. He went to school yesterday because he managed to go all night without the fever, but when I picked him up, I could tell he felt bad and sure enough, he had a 101 fever. And he was up (and me) most of the night groaning and coughing. So no school today. I am calling the doctor again today because he just took his last dose of Zithromax antibiotics and it doesn't seem like it has done a whole lot for him. So here we are again, shut inside watching tv. Seriously one can watch Garfield only so many times before you go insane. I am close.

As far as me and Jim. I think I got off with a light case of the stuff in comparison to Jim and Jack, thanks to my flu shot I think. I have a cough and feel lousy but I think that has more to do with having very little sleep and if I could just get a good nights sleep, it would make me feel a lot better. Jim seems to be getting better, but not really. He still has a fever, but is in training all this week for work and can't allow himself to take anytime off.

Oh and my house looks like a hurricane hit it with various medicine bottles strewn all over the kitchen counters and blankets and pillows all over the family room. Ugh.

No comments: