Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, February 23, 2007

Back Home

The big reason Jack and I went to Michigan was because of Papa's big birthday. He turned 80 years old. He is quite a celebrity in town because he was the first baby born in the local hospital and thus a local hero and part of local history. Here is a link to the newspaper article about him. Of course you can't trust the media these days because they have my age wrong at 32 instead of almost 40 (gasp). Hehe I can take a wrong age that way any day.

We are very happy to have Papa still with us because if we were betting people, we would not have bet 25 years ago, he would still be with us at 80. He has 20% left of his heart after a massive heart attack, but he is still doing great and still able to get out in the snow and play with Jack. He even helped us build a snowman. Happy Birthday Papa!




We had the opportunity to tour a local fire station while in Michigan, thanks to my 2nd cousin Steve, who is a "real fireman". Oooohhh. WoW! He was so nice to us and we all got to ride on the big fire truck, even Grammy and Papa and Mama! Of course, Jack was all smiles while on the truck. Steve showed us all kinds of neat fireman gadgets that Jack just thought was the neatest things since trains!


Jack, the real fireman, putting on his mask and air tank. Yes, he was very thrilled.


Jack playing with the hoses, just like a real fireman.




Jack and Cousin Steve the Fireman looking at the thermal image camera, which by the the way, was totally cool.


We arrived back home last night. Of course, the plane was late leaving Grand Rapids, which meant we missed our flight out of Atlanta. In fact, as we were pulling up to the gate in Atlanta, I watched my Gulfport bound plane taxi away without me and Jack. So then we had to wait almost 3 hours in Atlanta, during which time, Jack and another little boy crawled all over the floor playing trains. Jack was absolutely filthy by the time we finally got home.
My husband, being the greatest husband in the world, cleaned the house from top to bottom. It was absolutely spotless when we walked through the door. However, Jack could not let it stay that clean for more than a few minutes. It is back to having trains, trucks, cars, and tractors strewn all over the place. But there was a few minutes there where it was clean. I can say that I DID have a clean house at one point in time.


5 comments:

-LGirl- said...

Oh My gosh what a sweet article! What a nice couple they are indeed! Something to aspire to!
I LOVE the photos of Jack in the fire house!

BTW Apr 22. How about you?

Kelli said...

You were in my town!! :)

Anonymous said...

What a great time we had here. Your father said that he never had a better birthday in his life. We missed you and Jack a lot yesterday morning. Thank you for everything. Give my Jack a big hug for Grammy and Papa.

Steffie B. said...

Glad you had great trip. I had your info in wrong so I had to go and fix it. That's the only downer about changing your blog page. I have not figured out how to not lose all my blogs. Re-typing is a pain, but I guess that's life in the blogging world! ;) How are things going with the adoption?

Jack's Mom said...

Liesl, I am April 10. Wow, I knew we were close in age, but not that close hehe. cool.

Kelli, which town is yours?

Steffie, I will email ya all the details, when I get a chance.