Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I'm Not Sure Which Is Worse

Jack took a nap this afternoon. The first in a very long time. He needed one. No, he NEEDED one is more like it. He was crying for no reason. In fact, I am pretty sure, if I told him that we were going out for ice cream, the boy would have thrown himself on the floor in a screaming and crying fit. Yeah he needed a nap. And he took a two-hour one.

Fast forward to now. It is 9:00 at night. I am tired. I want to go to bed. I have been up since 4:45 this morning. Jim is working tonight. The boy? Not so tired. Right now he is in his room reenacting rescue scenes with his fire truck. The one that goes "Tonka Rescue on the scene. Tonka rescue on the scene. Tonka rescue on the scene." The same one that goes HONK HONK. I hear him in there tearing off every last truck off the shelf and somewhere somehow "Thomas is in Trouble!" No, the boy is nowhere near going to sleep. And all this activity is with a Benadryl dose!

So which is worse? An incredibly grumpy and impossible toddler with no nap or a toddler who takes a nap but will not go to sleep at night? I am really not sure which is worse at this moment. Maybe I should make a pot of coffee??? I think it is going to be a long night. Sigh.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Weighing that problem myself over here a lot these days too. Today, I opted to let him take the nap. But we'll pay later... oh yes, we will pay. (sigh)

Emmie said...

Toddlers are just a real piece of work sometimes aren't they!?