Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, February 02, 2007

Fun In The Sun

Summer in Gulfport, Mississippi. It is hot. It is humid. It is miserable. I am not looking forward to the humidity. I am really not sure what is worse - the California heat of 110 + degrees (it was 114 the day we moved) or the Mississippi humidity of 90 degree heat with 5000% humidity. I am learning toward the humidity as being worse. We shall see.

I do have a couple of plans in force to beat the heat AND the boredom of having two kids with me ALL SUMMER LONG with NO SCHOOL. (I think I may become a proponent of year-long-school.) The first of these plans is the community swimming pool. It is a short walk away from our house. It is really not that big and I have a feeling that it will be crowded with having over 100 homes in this neighborhood and one small pool. But it is a way to cool off and it is free! Free is always good.

The second of these plans is not so free. It is the water park that is only 10 minutes away. It is a really cool (hehe get it cool) waterpark with all the slides, wave pool, toddler splash area, and my favorite - the lazy river where you just float down on an inner tube. And now we get to go all summer long as many times as we want! I just bought tickets for a season pass for all four of us. I figure if we go more than 3 times, it will pay for itself. I have a feeling that we just might be there more than three times a week!

3 comments:

Steffie B. said...

I want summer! Can we come to the water park too???

Jack's Mom said...

Sure Stef. Come on down. We'll take ya to the water park and the beach.

Steffie B. said...

Booking my flight today! ;)