Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, February 26, 2007

SEVEN Days!

Have ya'll seen the ticker above? The one counting down to Jack's third birthday? The one that says it is SEVEN days away? Oh my gosh! How did it come up so fast? We do have plans this weekend for his big birthday party at the indoor playland. We invited the entire family (clan) and all of his class and a neighbor. If everybody shows up, I am thinking we will have over 30 big and small people. We are going with the Tonka truck theme. So I ordered this birthday cake. I also bought the yellow hard hats for all the kids and party favors for the goody bags. We still have a ton of candy left over from halloween, so I will dipping into that to help fill the goody bags. It should be fun and most of it is done, except for filling the goody bags and picking up the cake and pizza the day of the party.

Jack is sooooo excited about the party. It is fun to see him really understand the whole concept of a birthday this year. He even told somebody the other day that he was "almost three" when asked how old he was. He really does understand the year older thing.

I also signed him up for T-Ball starting in April. He is going to be on the same team as his friend Seth from his class. We went to the YMCA today after school to get all signed up and boy was he all jazzed about "playing baseball". I really can not wait to sit there watching him swing the bat and run around the bases. The first game is April 9th, so expect lots of T-Ball action pictures forthcoming.

I have to admit that I am thoroughly enjoying this age. While I do miss the baby stage a little, I am having so much fun looking at everything through his eyes and experiencing things for the first time all over again. Although, I just wish he would sleep a little more. The kid is wearing me out. Again, it was 10:30 last night before he went to sleep. I have given up trying to put him down at 8 because that is a joke. He is wide awake at that time. Now it is closer to 9 and still it doesn't happen. He ends up playing in his room. But the thing is, the kid is up at 6 am like clockwork! Oy! I think he is going to be one of those people who does not need a whole lot of sleep to function. Yay. Lucky me.

1 comment:

Steffie B. said...

You poor thing...the one thing I can say about Sophia and Daniel is that they are good little sleepers! So why am I up at 1:00AM.....who knows. Too much on my mind I guess....tomorrow I'll be a zombie sucking down coffee all day! Yipeeeeee!